The course is an optional module for the International Certificate in Occupational Hygiene (ICertOHTA). It is designed to be delivered as a 5-day taught programme including student assessment. The student manual can be used as a free-standing reference for those wishing to study independently.
Materials available for download include the syllabus, student manual, tutor guide, powerpoint slides, overnight and practical exercises.
These revised course materials were published here on 14 July 2016. Examinations were based on these new materials from 14 November 2016 onwards.
- Understand the effects of the thermal environment on people.
- Learn to assess and control the risks associated with thermal stress.
You will learn to
- Identify sources of thermal stress within the working environment.
- Understand the nature of thermal strain on the body.
- Make an assessment of the thermal environment through measurement and other methods.
- Evaluate risk from exposure to thermal stress.
- Suggest appropriate control methods for the thermal environment.
Copyright © 2023 Occupational Hygiene Training Association Ltd (OHTA). All rights reserved.
You may view, download, and print this material for personal, non-commercial purposes, including self-study and reference.
OHTA is a not-for-profit organisation with minimal income used for maintaining our website and for administrative support. Please consider supporting OHTA through a donation on OUR WEBSITE.
All materials are authored and edited by volunteers. If you use this material without providing support, it may not be possible for us to continue the development and updating of our training materials. For that reason, we also ask you not to reproduce, distribute or translate this material without seeking permission from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help power OHTA quality training materials for the years to come, whether with a small sum or a larger one.
The information provided in this course is for educational purposes and is not intended as professional or expert advice. The copyright holder has made efforts to ensure the accuracy of the material but does not guarantee its completeness or suitability for any specific purpose.