|International Safety Systems Inc
|05 Aug 2024
August 5th – August 10th 2024
OHTA507: Health Effect of Hazardous Substances
- Introduce you to toxicology, physiology and epidemiology.
- Identify chemical substances hazardous to health at work and their harmful effects on target organs.
- Define commonly used toxicological terms.
- Know the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination.
- Know where to find information on hazardous substances and processes.
- Understand the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors influencing harm.
- Know the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace.
- Interpret results from epidemiological studies.
Online / Remote